Sif is a founder of GROW
GROW is a joint research program in offshore wind that initiates research and accelerates innovations. GROW's strength lies in its ability to run focused, sequential and complementary RD&D activities. The consortium includes around 20 leading and committed partners that cooperate closely to conduct joint research. Short lines of communication, trust and exchange of experience and knowledge are all significant contributions to the success of GROW.
GROW partners work together to reduce the costs of offshore wind and to increase the value of wind energy in the energy system and in the ecosystem. Furthermore, GROW creates the visibility of the projects and the partners involved by showing the innovative capacity of the Dutch offshore wind sector. GROW also represents the interest of its partners related to R&D policies and measures in offshore wind, and stimulates co-operation with small and medium enterprises and higher education.
GROW stands for:
- Implementation of a joint research program
- Accelerating the development of innovations
- Initiating follow-up activities at an early stage
- Developing new cooperation opportunities
- Representing the interest of the GROW partners
- Promoting cooperation on topics of common interest
- GROW strives to expand the role of offshore wind in the energy system and therefore has the following objectives:
- to reduce the cost level of offshore wind in the near and mid-term future.
- to create added value of wind energy in the energy system and to further enhance its symbiosis with other sectors at sea (oil & gas, fishery, shipping, tourism, ecology and nature).
- to strengthen the Dutch offshore wind sector.
GROW to strengthen the Dutch offshore wind sector.
Sif partner of Wind & Water Works
For years the Dutch have worked together to research, innovate & build the very best offshore wind farms
Dutch public and private parties have teamed up to design, develop, build, and maintain high quality offshore wind farms in the North Sea. Together, we are proving that offshore wind is a powerful solution to achieve our climate goals cost effectively. Our approach provides greater certainty for project developers, increases investor confidence, and drives down overall costs. It requires dedicated teamwork, collaboration, and innovation across the board to ensure every wind farm has a safe and sustainable future. We are keen to share our knowledge with others.
Wind & Water Works reflects the expertise and professional approach of Dutch companies and government in the field of offshore wind energy. The Dutch have centuries of experience working offshore. We are familiar with the specific conditions above and below sea level and have used that knowledge to create a successful Dutch offshore wind energy supply chain. In this chain, small and large companies work with our world-leading knowledge institutions to constantly develop innovative solutions for offshore wind farms.
Let’s work together to utilise the full potential of offshore wind energy and show the world that wind and water works.